4019 printer - tray 2

Jane Shilling RBA5 7278 janes at mundoe.maths.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Mar 27 16:28:36 AEST 1991

We have a 4019 printer with the optional 500-sheet second paper tray.
It is set up as a PostScript printer attached to an x-station120 whose
host is a RISC 6000/530 running AIX3.1 (3002).  However I have not yet
been able to get it to actually use the second tray.  Has anyone been
able to do this?

I have tried a number of things.  These include, physically switching
the printer to tray 2 - however when a job is sent for printing it
automatically switches back to tray 1.  I've tried using qprt -u2 to
specify the 2nd tray, but this causes the buffer light to flash but
nothing to come out.

Any suggestions of how to fix this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
	Jane Shilling
	Maths Dept, Melbourne University