DELETE/BACKSPACE key paradox on RS/6000

Craig Macbride craig at bacchus.esa.oz.au
Fri Mar 8 10:24:06 AEST 1991

The real problem is that your vt100 has a "delete" key which sends "del", and
no proper "backspace" key to send "bs". Most vt100 emulators will allow you
to change this behaviour so that they send "bs" when you hit "delete". I've
never seen a real vt100, but all the clones I've seen will also allow it to
be configured. Change the vt100 to act like a normal terminal (having a
convenient backspace!) is the easiest solution.

 _--_|\		Craig Macbride <craig at bacchus.esa.oz.au>
/      \
\_.--.*/	Expert Solutions Australia