REMOTEHOST

John F Haugh II jfh at greenber.austin.ibm.com
Wed Mar 27 04:23:59 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar25.033549.30276 at shared.uucp> davec at shared.uucp (Dave Close) writes:
>'who' also doesn't work if the user is logged-in via rexec or rsh.

To the best of my knowlege, "rsh" and "rexec" don't count as login sessions
if for no other reason that there is no login tty associated.  Try the
"tty" command - what tty are you "logged-in" to?

>Re logged-out users, the utmpcln program posted a while ago seems to run fine
>on AIX.  Sorry, I forget which group had the posting.

I had posted a little diddie in alt.sources last fall.  You might try looking
there for what I posted.  Sorry, I don't have a copy of the code at this
address as I wrote it at home, so please don't send mail to this address
asking for it.
--
John F. Haugh II      |      I've Been Moved     |    MaBellNet: (512) 838-4340
SneakerNet: 809/1D064 |          AGAIN !         |      VNET: LCCB386 at AUSVMQ