remote printers

Bill Wohler wohler at sapwdf.UUCP
Fri Mar 8 07:29:06 AEST 1991

[pits, i wish we had a FAQ.  i know this has come up before.  --bw]

  i would appreciate it if someone could glance at the following
  remote printer configuration and see what is broken.  all i've
  done so far is to create the /etc/qconfig lines with info.
  if you need additional information, please let me know.

  alternatively, would someone like to mail me their bsd lpd.c and
  friends  they've ported to aix.

                                                --bw
                                                wohler at sap-ag.de

        ----- /etc/qconfig follows -----
rlp2:
        device = drlp2
        up = TRUE
        host = decix
        s_statfilter = /usr/lpd/aixshort
        l_statfilter = /usr/lpd/aixlong
        rq = lp2

drlp2:
        backend = /usr/lpd/rembak

        ----- output of lpq -----
Queue   Dev   Status    Job Files               User         PP %   Blks Cp Rnk
rlp2    drlp2 DOWN
              QUEUED      1 /etc/motd           root                   1  1   1
rlp2: decix: /usr/lib/lpd: lp2: Your host does not have line printer access

	----- um, so how does one remove this guy from the queue? -----
[root at aix3:303]# lprm -
enq: (FATAL ERROR): 0781-313 Cancel all not supported on remote queues.
        Use: rsh <hostname> enq -X -P <queuename>
enq: errno = 17: Do not specify an existing file.