Ethernet Card Drivers for AIXwindows for DOS

jmw at probitas.cs.utas.edu.au jmw at probitas.cs.utas.edu.au
Thu Mar 7 09:56:48 AEST 1991

I have a DOS problem, but it's AIX related, so I thought this was the
approriate forum to mention it.

We have a PC with an Interlan NI5210 ethernet card in it, and AIXwindows for
DOS. Unfortunately the drivers supplied with AIXwindows for DOS do not include
one for this type of card. IBM are not able to help. I'd be happy to write
a device driver myself, but the card suppliers want $5000 for the developer's
kit.

Does anyone have a device driver that would work in this case, or is anyone
writing one, or has anyone found some way round the problem, short of replacing
the card, or using another Xwindows package?

John M Williams		jmw at probitas.cs.utas.au