Does AIX have a function like sginap()?

Bjorn Engsig bengsig at dk.oracle.com
Mon Mar 11 19:19:15 AEST 1991

Article <MCCALPIN.91Mar7210817 at pereland.cms.udel.edu> by mccalpin at perelandra.cms.udel.edu (John D. McCalpin) says:
|'sginap(i)' which:
|	-- with an argument of 0, will release control to any other
|		process with the same or higher priority; or
|	-- with an argument i>0, will sleep for 'i' clock ticks.
|
|I cannot use the normal 'sleep()' routines, since the actual latencies
|involved are much smaller than 1 second,
You have at least two options that do more or less what you want:

- use usleep(), which is available in C, so you might need a fortran interface,
  but I actually doubt it.  It will sleep for a number of micro seconds.

- Use kernel extensions.  There are a number of kernel extension that handle
  scheduling and related matters.
--
Bjorn Engsig, ORACLE Corporation, E-mail: bengsig at oracle.com, bengsig at oracle.nl