RS/6000 dpsexec window control

Michael Hucka hucka at engin.umich.edu
Fri Mar 8 01:40:11 AEST 1991

Keith> I am using /usr/lpp/DPS/bin/dpsexec to do Postscript previewing, but
Keith> I don't know how to make it start up with a bigger window positioned
Keith> in a specific place on the screen.  I'd like to initiate this from
Keith> a shell script such that most of the screen does the previewing.
Keith> Has anyone done this?  If so, how do you say the equivalent of
Keith> "dpsexec -geometry mumble etc." (on RS/6000 AIX 3.1 3002)?

As far as I can tell you cannot.  dpsexec is very simple -- if you have
/usr/lpp/DPS/examples, you can look at the source yourself.  It doesn't check
for any X options at all.  It's just a wrapper around calls to code in
/usr/lib/libdps.a.

Mike
Mike Hucka                     | Internet: hucka at caen.engin.umich.edu
University of Michigan AI Lab  | 1101 Beal Ave., Ann Arbor, MI 48109