Error messages

Jerry Heyman jerry at heyman.austin.ibm.com
Tue Mar 26 00:18:12 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar11.085414.2650 at ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz> graeme at ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz (Graeme Moffat) writes:

|>   From: graeme at ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz (Graeme Moffat)
|>   Newsgroups: comp.unix.aix
|>   Date: 11 Mar 91 08:54:14 GMT
|>
|>   The rs6000 error messages are preceded by fancy looking 7 digit numbers...

The fancy looking 7 digit numbers only occur when the LANG environment
variable is set to something other than C.  echo $LANG, and reset it to C
if you don't want to see the 7 digit number, and are more interested in seeing
the 'normal' Unix error message(s).

jerry
Jerry Heyman                         Internet : jerry at ajones.austin.ibm.com
PSP Development Environment Tools    VNET     : HEYMAN at AUSTIN
Austin, TX  78758                    IBM T-R  : jerry at heyman.austin.ibm.com
*** All opinions expressed are exactly that - my opinions and NOT IBM's