What should I buy with a r6000?

Zvika Bar-Deroma AER7101 at TECHNION.BITNET
Fri Mar 8 23:17:25 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar4.233040.18106 at athena.mit.edu>, chuck at marie.mit.edu (PARSONS,
CHARLES) says:

(stuff deleted) ..
.
.

>  1. 3rd party memory?? IBM wants >$4000 to go from 8-16 meg.
Whether IBM or 3rd. party, buy lots of it ! Certainely NOT 8meg.-
16 is a minimum, 32MB probably makes more sense, but you really have
to benchmark your applications in order to decide.

>  6. Any problem with just 4 slots? I need ethernet, an external scsi
>     controller and graphics. It would be nice to have 1 slot free. does
>     24 bit color take 2 slots?
I think that the Silicon Graphics adapter requires 2 slots, so in case
that's what you need, you'll have NO free slots left.

>  7. How is the IBM 19" monitor?
great !

/Zvika

Zvika Bar-Deroma                                  Phone: (+972)-4-292706
Faculty of Aerospace Engineering,                 Fax  : (+972)-4-231848
Technion
Haifa 32000
Israel

BITNET        :   AER7101 at TECHNION
DOMAIN NAMING :   AER7101 at TECHNION.TECHNION.AC.IL