Can't telnet to a Risc-System 6000/530 (AIX3.1.3002)

Tim Fredrick fredrick at acd.acd.ucar.edu
Tue Mar 5 07:24:04 AEST 1991

Regarding a Risc-System 6000/530 (AIX3.1.3002).

We are trying to install an Emulex terminal server into our environment.  It
seems to be able to telnet to every machine except for our IBM Risc-System
6000 320 and 530's all running AIX3.1 pl3002.  The connection gets
established but then there is not response from the IBM.

Is there a known problem with telnetd under patch level 3002?  Are there
any other things I might try?  I have an ethernet monitor on a SPARCstation
and can look at packets -- the terminal server and the IBM seem to be
exchanging packets okay.

Thanks.

--Tim