Problems Building GNU tar

Tres Hofmeister tres at virga.rap.ucar.edu
Wed Mar 13 12:23:37 AEST 1991

	I'm having difficulty getting GNU tar 1.09 to build with remote
tape support on our RS6000.  After reading about using the directive
"#pragma alloca" to get the compiler to find alloca on this newsgroup
only recently, I managed to build it without remote tape support, but am
now a bit stuck...

	The compiler complains that MTIOCTOP is an undefined variable in
rtape_lib.c.  It seems this is normally defined in <sys/mtio.h> which of
course doesn't exist.  I'm not defining HAVE_MTIO in the Makefile.

	Any help would be appreciated.  Please mail and I will summarize.

--
Tres Hofmeister
tres at ncar.ucar.edu