Mail notification

Eric Behr ejbehr at rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu
Wed Mar 20 03:18:43 AEST 1991

I'm using csh under AIX 3.1 on a 530. Here is the problem: when I log on,
there is never any notification of waiting mail (new or old). Moreover,
while I'm logged on, the only way to get notified of arrival of new mail is
to have comsat run. It then displays several lines of the incoming message
no matter what I'm doing, so when I'm in vi for example, the whole screen
gets royally messed up. Is there some way to get a more discreet message,
or to make it appear *only* when getting back to the shell from an
application? Thanks in advance.
--
Eric Behr, Illinois State University, Mathematics Department
Internet: ejbehr at rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu    Bitnet: ebehr at ilstu