DELETE/BACKSPACE key paradox on RS/6000

Bjorn Engsig bengsig at dk.oracle.com
Thu Mar 7 00:54:55 AEST 1991

Article <1991Mar5.154645.10479 at cs.utk.edu> by jxt at cpdws1.ctd.ornl.gov (Tolliver J S) says:
| [description of how to chose backspace or delete as erase char deleted (!) ]
|Is there a way to do this? How? Is it a good idea? Why or why not?
Some might tell you there is.  I personally gave up on this years ago and I
am now having a set of small scripts that I can read with the shell (using .
in Bourne or Korn, source in C shell).  Each script sets TERM and a few stty
setting, so I simply log in and do (from ksh):

$ . vt100
$ . hft
$ . ibm3151
$ . vt100-w

Note that the vt100 and vt100-w furthermore will echo the sequence to make
a vt100 display 80 or 132 characters.
--
Bjorn Engsig, ORACLE Corporation, E-mail: bengsig at oracle.com, bengsig at oracle.nl