huge memory allocation

Scott Holt scott at prism.gatech.EDU
Mon Mar 11 05:30:28 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar10.180433.24685 at nrcnet0.nrc.ca> ng at cfd.di.nrc.ca writes:

>According to what I've been told by the IBM tech hot line (from Toronto,
>Canada), all those User Characteristics (quotas) of SMIT are for future
>expansion only; none of them are currently enforced. I wish they are wrong.

Well, I don't know if setting them in the limits file does any good (I have
not tried), but adjusting memory limits with the ulimit command does
have an effect (ulimit -d). I have not tried many of the other limits, but
the only one I know is not enforced is CPU time.

- Scott
--
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
Scott Holt                 		Internet: scott at prism.gatech.edu
Georgia Tech 				UUCP: ..!gatech!prism!scott
Office of Information Technology, Technical Services