saving windows layout

Robin Wilson robin at pensoft.UUCP
Wed Mar 27 03:39:59 AEST 1991

In article <9423 at cognos.UUCP> paulh at cognos.UUCP (Paul Hays) writes:
>With the motif window manager and X windows, AIX lets me organize
>the initial layout of icons and windows using files .Xdefaults and
> .xinitrc, to some extent. However, I'm having trouble figuring out
>how to tell xinit that
>
>    o the xclock and xbiff icons should have no decorations

Use the "clientDecoration" setting for MWM in the .Xdefaults file.
the following lines should work:

	mwm*xbiff*clientDecoration: none
	mwm*xclock*clientDecoration: none

>    o the info program and desktop program should initially be
>      icons rather than open windows

Sorry, thats the way they work.  If anybody else has any ideas, please
inform the net.

>    o one aixterm window should log on to a specified remote
>      machine during initialization

aixterm -e rlogin <machine>   # ???

or

xhost + <machine>
rsh <machine> "xterm -display <your_machine>:0"

(this assumes that you have a .rhosts file on the remote machine that
allows rsh to work.)

|The views expressed herein, are the sole responsibility of the typist at hand|
|UUCP:     pensoft!robin                                                      |
|USNail:   701 Canyon Bend Dr.                                                |
|          Pflugerville, TX  78660                                            |
|          Home: (512)251-6889      Work: (512)343-1111                       |