nslookup

Jack F. Vogel jackv at turnkey.tcc.com
Sat Mar 23 00:24:15 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar19.210247.13411 at slate.mines.colorado.edu> bware at slate.mines.colorado.edu (Bob Ware) writes:

>The nslookup command does not seem to be present on RS/6000
>AIX 3.1 (3003).
>
>Is there a public domain version of nslookup?  Has it been ported to AIX?

Yes, IBM has not included nslookup in its distribution. I have often thought
that this should be remedied as it is such an essential tool to nameservice
debugging. However, it is not that big of a deal; all you need to do is lay
your hands on the BIND distribution from UCB, it may not be "public domain"
but it is freely available and the source for nslookup is included. I have
not built it for the 6000 but it shouldn't be much trouble. If you have
trouble getting the code to work contact your support representative or, I
suppose, post here.

Disclaimer: I do not speak for LCC or IBM.

Jack F. Vogel			jackv at locus.com
AIX370 Technical Support	       - or -
Locus Computing Corp.		jackv at turnkey.TCC.COM