REMOTEHOST

Lenny Tropiano lenny at icus.ICUS.COM
Tue Mar 26 10:37:33 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar22.201554.14530 at nrcnet0.nrc.ca> ng at cfd.di.nrc.ca writes:
> [...]
[...]
|>This little script should works perfect and could be a perfect solution to me.
|>However, owing to the BUG in 'who' (which lists users who have already
|>logoff'ed and so in the list there are entries with same tty number), it
|>fails consistently. :-(
|>
|>Is this bug fixed in 3003? We've just got the update tape and have not
|>applied it yet.

The bug doesn't have to do with "who" specifically, but with the update
to the /etc/utmp and /usr/adm/wtmp files.  The bug was in the telnetd
and rlogind programs (if you don't have a network and don't use telnet
or rlogin, you shouldn't have this problem).  The telnetd problem was
officially fixed in 2004 (the update after 3003) which is available
from IBM.   The rlogind problem will be fixed in 3005 which is to be
autoshipped from IBM (much like the 3003 release) sometime late in April.

-Lenny
--
| Lenny Tropiano           ICUS Software Systems        lenny at icus.ICUS.COM |
| ...!{ames,cs.utexas.edu,pacbell}!icus!lenny           attmail!icus!lenny  |