analog to SunOS ldd in AIX 3.1?

Marc J. Stephenson/140000;1C-22 marc at stingray.austin.ibm.com
Tue Mar 5 00:55:00 AEST 1991

As already mentioned, dump -n is probably as analagous as it
gets to what you described ldd doing (I don't have a Sun or
a Sun manual handy to know for sure).  Anyway, I thought that
I would mention that the map command in dbx will give you
information about shared libraries as well:

$ dbx /usr/lib/banner
dbx version 3.1 for AIX.
Type 'help' for help.
reading symbolic information ...
(dbx) map
Entry 1:
   Object name: banner
   Text origin:     0x10000000
   Text length:     0x12b1
   Data origin:     0x2003fa00
   Data length:     0x6fb
   File descriptor: 0x7

Entry 2:
   Object name: /lib/libc.a
   Member name: shr.o
   Text origin:     0xd0001000
   Text length:     0x96fbe
   Data origin:     0x20000400
   Data length:     0x3e4a8
   File descriptor: 0x8

(dbx) q

As your program dynamically loads and unloads, this information will
change as well.  Not exactly what you were asking about, but useful
nonetheless.

--
Marc Stephenson		      IBM PSPA (Personal System Programming - Austin,TX)
DISCLAIMER: The content of this posting is independent of official IBM position.