GATH command on AIX 3.1

Jon Alperin x8674 jona at bcr.bellcore.com
Sat Mar 2 01:44:12 AEST 1991

Hey all you IBMer's and AIXer's:

  Does anyone know a command or sequence of them that will provide the
same function as the system 5 gath() command? An IBM Defect support
person told me that the only refernce was under the PS/2 version,
and that reference was a definitive "not going to be supported".

For those that don't know, gath() gathers up a set of files and
allows one to manipulate them as a unit (i.e. pipe to sed, etc.).
Any help would be appreciated.

Jon Alperin
Bell Communications Research
(908) 699-8674

* All comments are my own, as you could probably tell *