New Amiga Ada Compiler - maybe

Jeffrey M. Schweiger schweige at aldebaran.cs.nps.navy.mil
Sat Apr 13 07:46:25 AEST 1991

In article <1101 at cbmger.UUCP> peterk at cbmger.UUCP (Peter Kittel GERMANY) writes:
>In article <828.28033d1b at vger.nsu.edu> g_harrison at vger.nsu.edu (George C. Harrison, Norfolk State University) writes:
>>
>>     We are seriously considering working on a contract or in a grant to
>>produce Ada compilers for the Amiga under one or both of SYS V v.4.0 or Amiga
>>Dos.
>
>Did you already talk to Oxxi? They are also working on such a beast as far
>as I know. Perhaps one could throw these efforts together.
>
>--
>Best regards, Dr. Peter Kittel  // E-Mail to  \\  Only my personal opinions...
>Commodore Frankfurt, Germany  \X/ {uunet|pyramid|rutgers}!cbmvax!cbmger!peterk

I've seen mention of the Oxxi effort before, but other than someone saying that
they saw "AmigaAda" on a piece of Oxxi letterhead, have seen no indication
that such a product is actually in development.  Oxxi does not market Ada
compilers for any other computers, so it would appear that this is a new
field for them - the Ada validation process is a step in compiler development
somewhat different from other language compilers, and IMHO unless an Ada
compiler passes validation, there is not much use in marketing it.

Jeff Schweiger

Jeff Schweiger	      Standard Disclaimer   	CompuServe:  74236,1645
Internet (Milnet):				schweige at taurus.cs.nps.navy.mil