A3000UX applications

Keith Holder khh at root.co.uk
Mon Apr 8 22:19:56 AEST 1991

In <1522 at ewu.UUCP> mpierce at ewu.UUCP (Mathew Pierce) writes:

>I hear that the A3000UX is ABI compatible.  I heard that this gives
>it binary compatibility with certain applications which also
>conform to this standard, is this correct?  If so, is autocad ABI

We have an Amiga in the office running Commodore's 1.1 version of System VR4
and I would say that it is not ABI compliant. We also have various other
68030 machines running V.4 from Motorola and binaries taken from these machines
and run on the Amiga box result in core dumps. Looking at various header files
on the Amiga and comparing them against the Motorola 68k ABI, I think that they
have quite a way to go before they are ABI compatible.

	keith holder.

Obviously, these are my opinions and do not reflect the opinions of my
employers who just so happen to produce a version of V.4 for the Motorola 68k.
Keith Holder, Systems Software Consultant, UniSoft Ltd.
<khh at root.co.uk>	G1ITH	Fax:	(071) 729 3273
Phone:	+44 71 729 3773