Amiga 3000UX Color X

James A. Crotinger jac at gandalf.llnl.gov
Mon Apr 15 16:43:48 AEST 1991

david at twg.com (David S. Herron) writes:
> Price: He wouldn't give a firm one but said < $1500.  Now..
> The street price of similar boards for PCs and Macs is much
> less than that, ~ $500 if memory serves right.  The street
> price for 2410s had better be in that range ...

> Monitor-Type: The demo monitor was $2000 and up around 20 inches.
> Obviously I don't wanna spend this much on a monitor so what
> options are there for use with a 2410, and will we know what
> they are before it comes out?

  If it was a decent 20" color monitor, then it probably cost
a lot more than two grand.

  Does anyone know what these Sony 16" monitors which Sun sells cost?
Initially I thought they were too small [i.e. 1152x900 in 16" makes
for fairly small fonts], but I've become very fond of mine. I'd rather
have 19", but at least when we bought this SS1, the 19" monitor was
about twice the cost of the 16" version.

  Has anyone tried hooking up a color X-Terminal to an A3000UX? It
strikes me that this might end up being the cheapest way to get good
color on the thing. We can apparently get color NCD X-Terminals with
megapixel resolution for around $1800 [that probably is a UC or GSA
price].

  Of course a color X-Terminal wouldn't be very useful when running
AmigaDOS. [Though I'm not sure how useful the 2410 will be either;
I believe you can write X clients for the Amiga].