A3000UX applications

Dan Taylor dltaylor at cns.SanDiego.NCR.COM
Wed Apr 10 08:13:09 AEST 1991

In <2671 at root44.co.uk> khh at root.co.uk (Keith Holder) writes:

>We have an Amiga in the office running Commodore's 1.1 version of System VR4
>and I would say that it is not ABI compliant. We also have various other
>68030 machines running V.4 from Motorola and binaries taken from these machines
And EXACTLY which System V.4 ABI CERTIFIED operating systems are you
running, and on which platforms?  Since I have been unable to get information
on ANY OTHER such systems available commercially in the U.S. (and I have been
to more trade shows, and in more reps offices than I care to count), I
wonder where you got them, and when they were CERTIFIED.

>employers who just so happen to produce a version of V.4 for the Motorola 68k.

And YOURS is CERTIFIED ABI?  Your companies products are consistantly
incompatible, even within an AT&T release version.  Thank (fill in blank)
that C= had more sense than to use YOU.  More often than not, I've cursed
Unisoft for putting out what I consider ABSOLUTE JUNK releases of V.3.

>Keith Holder, Systems Software Consultant, UniSoft Ltd.

It is possible that C= slipped up, and that the Amiga distribution of UNIX
is not ABI compliant, or that 2.0 will be cleaned up as a planned product.
However, unless you can document your statement, SHUT the #$#^%$# UP!

Dan Taylor
/* My opinions, not NCR's. */