Direct access of hardware and extra chips :)

Scott Fleming scottf at uunet!cai
Sat Apr 27 08:30:11 AEST 1991

 I know this has been discused before so I'll keep it short.  I once read that
 you can access the hardware only that it was not supported at this time.  My
 question is, how can you?  Can anyone mail, or post an example of what drivers
 I might need to use, write, etc...  I have some ideas that I would like to try
 and follow up on.  Many kudo's to any who reply.

 Also, what would be a safe estimate of the amiga 3000 data transfer rate?  I've
 heard some people say it was around 50mbit, and others say 20mbyte...anyone
 care to explain this to me?  Thanks again for you time, have a good day.