VT-100 Emulator?

Rob Healey rhealey at digibd.com
Tue Apr 30 03:05:55 AEST 1991

In article <9104281447.AA01977 at cwns10.INS.CWRU.Edu> aq078 at cleveland.Freenet.Edu writes:

>Is there a vt-100 emulator for Amiga Unix (ie for use w/ cKermit etc)?
>If so where may I obtain it?  I've tried comp.sources.unix and
>nothing I found there would compile. (aside.. I seem to have that
>problem with a lot of the stuff there..)

	Well, if you mostly use Unix systems, the vt100 entry with
	LINES=25; export LINES and stty rows 80, depending on the
	system you're using, seems to work OK. Alternately, the
	ANSI console terminal type on 386 UNIX's seems to work for
	the 80x25 amiga screens, just remember to set LINES.

	As a side note, has anyone gotten the amiga termcap entry to work
	on a 4.3 BSD system? It seems to produces garbage on the screen.
	I fall back to vt100 but it isn't perfect emulation. B^(.

		-Rob

Rob Healey                                          rhealey at digibd.com
Digi International (DigiBoard)
Eden Prairie, MN                                    (612) 943-9020