Advert in Unix Review

Tom Limoncelli +1 201 408 5389 limonce at pilot.njin.net
Mon Apr 8 13:48:23 AEST 1991

Where:  April 1991 issue of Unix Review, page 4.

What:   Advertisement for the Amiga 3000/UX.

3000/UX with an xclock, xlogo, xterm, and a backdrop image of a
person on a motorcycle.  The copy below announces the machine, gives
specs that we on the net already know, and teases you that the price
is low and if you want to know what it is you'll have to call their
1-800-66-AMIGA phone number or go to a dealer.  The "UNIX
International" logo is in the lower-right of the ad.  There's also a
comparison chart of the Apple Mac IIfx, NeXT, and Amiga 3000/UX:

                         Apple       NeXT      Amiga
   Features             Mac IIfx              3000/UX

   UNIX SVR4                                    X

   Open Look GUI                                X

   X Window System                              X

Thoughts:  The "editor's notes" page is the page that I'd expect
everyone turn to at least once.  Having the advertisement on the
opposite page of it is A Good Thing.  The only part I didn't like is
that the motorcycle is driving down hill to the left.  It would have
been more subliminally positive if the bike was going up hill to the
right.  Also, the colors could have been brighter and less dull-green.

Overall, I really like it!

Tom
--
Tom Limoncelli  tlimonce at drew.edu  tlimonce at drew.bitnet  201-408-5389
  Three witches making a potion.  One asks, "A Liza Minnelli record,