A3000UX applications

Chris Swanson swansonc at acc.stolaf.edu
Sat Apr 13 09:37:14 AEST 1991

>>>>> On 11 Apr 91 11:08:39 GMT,
>>>>> in message <2675 at root44.co.uk>,
>>>>> khh at root.co.uk (Keith Holder) wrote:

khh> In <889 at cns.SanDiego.NCR.COM> dltaylor at cns.SanDiego.NCR.COM (Dan
khh> Taylor) writes:

>And EXACTLY which System V.4 ABI CERTIFIED operating systems are you
>running, and on which platforms?  Since I have been unable to get
>information on ANY OTHER such systems available commercially in the
>U.S. (and I have been to more trade shows, and in more reps offices
>than I care to count), I wonder where you got them, and when they
>were CERTIFIED.

khh>       UniSoft not only wrote the AT&T System VR4 68k/88k product,
khh> they also developed the gABI test suite for AT&T, so maybe we
khh> have much more of an idea of what is ABI compliant and what is
khh> not.  	Also you don't need to be a genius to compare the
khh> header files on the Amiga box and what is specified in the
khh> Motorola 68k ABI and spot inconsistencies in data structures.
khh> Plus, I am not aware of an ABI certification procedure that is in
khh> place for any VR4 release on any processor architecture.

[deleted drivel]

khh> 	Really? No shit, Sherlock!

>However, unless you can document your statement, SHUT the #$#^%$# UP!

khh> 	Why should I? I was only offering my humble opinion to a
khh> question on whether Amiga Unix was ABI compatible. All you have
khh> done is air your grievances about past UniSoft products. Just
khh> because you have an axe to grind with UniSoft, ( did they turn
khh> down a job application? ) you seem to think that their employees
khh> have no right to express an opinion on the net. So, until you can
khh> provide documentary evidence that Amiga Unix is ABI compatible
khh> maybe you should shut the f**k up! B-).

Do we really need the low S/N of this little trade war (NCR vs.
UniSoft) here on c.u.a?

Why don't you both put your axes away and shake hands (or at least go
to seperate corners).  This should really be continued via e-mail
between you too if you feel more "discussion" etc. are necessary.

	-Chris

--
Chris Swanson, Chem/CS/Pre-med Undergrad, St. Olaf College, Northfield,MN 55057
 DDN: (CDS6)   INTERNET:  swansonc at acc.stolaf.edu  UUCP: uunet!stolaf!swansonc