A3000UX - Born to run UNIX SVR4

r_moore at vger.nsu.edu r_moore at vger.nsu.edu
Thu Feb 7 08:36:27 AEST 1991

>>> In article <581.27a97594 at vger.nsu.edu> manes at vger.nsu.edu ((Mark D. Manes), Norfolk State University) writes:
>>> 	That's wonderful!  I don't know how you guys did it.  This has
>>> got to be the first UNIX implementation I have ever seen that actually
>>> comes with my "barrett" user account and password already supplied.
>>>

>>You know, I flamed you over in comp.sys.amiga.advocacy and I guess I
>>get to do it again.  Sigh.

There are more appropiate newsgroups for jokes...this is NOT one of them !

> C'mon, get a life. Just because someone else is having fun joking about the
> content of the article, which from my viewpoint was marketroid gibberish.
> Relax step back and try not to kill people for having different viewpoints.
> Anyways, from what I've seen of your postings, flaming must be one of your
> hobbies. Personally, I don't like flaming, but I felt it was important enough
> to rewrite this twice already due to our cranky news server. If we're going

> I think the fact sheet was more what I want my advertisements to be like. But
> hey, if it convinces the rest of the public to buy the machine I really don't
> care. However, I feel they are speaking down to their prospective market, most

As a member of Amiga's prospective market I would like to inform you that I
did not feel as if I had been spoken down to. It is an advertisement not
a reference manual.

> of whom I would assume already have a decent working knowledge of Unix and

and yes I do have a "decent" working knowledge of Unix.

> it should be "Mr. AmigaBlind". I think even people from Commodore will have

"Mr. AmigaBlind" How long did it take you to think up that one ??

                                      Richard