second thoughts on buying a 3000UX

Thaddeus P. Floryan thad at public.BTR.COM
Wed Feb 27 21:51:58 AEST 1991

In article <1135 at applix.com> scotte at applix.UUCP (Scott Evernden) writes:
>[...]
>In my opinion, if you have no need for the AmigaDOS stuff, then you've
>eliminated the only good reason to get the 3000UX.
>[...]
>Flames, anyone?

You asked for it!  :-)

Your comment (re: need for AmigaDOS re: 3000UX) sounds like you're parroting
the Apple party-line regarding their (development team) responses to me:

	"If you didn't want the MacOS, why did you get A/UX?"

My reply to them (and to you, now) is:

	I simply want UNIX on the hardware available to me.

Sheesh.  I've a whole buncha Amigas and I *like* the Amiga for what it does,
but when I want UNIX on a given platform I don't want excess baggage.

Your statement is a non sequitur; to date, I've seen no official comments that
AmigaDOS operates "under" Amiga SVR4.  In time I'm sure the fine people at CBM
will do it correctly IF there's a need (contrasted to the kludge from Apple).

Thad Floryan [ thad at btr.com (OR) {decwrl, mips, fernwood}!btr!thad ]