Amiga 3000UX Ethernet Tranceiver ???? Can I use A SUN one.?

Martin Hunt martin at cbmvax.commodore.com
Thu Feb 14 01:19:36 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb13.044538.796 at solar.card.inpu.oz.au> rodney at solar.card.inpu.oz.au (Rodney Campbell) writes:
>Does anybody know if I can use a generic (say a Sun SparcStations)
>Ethernet Tranceiver and cable with the Amiga 3000 running UNIX. Can it
>just be plugged into the ethernet output on the A3000UX..???
>The reason why is that we are probably going to buy some A3000UX's here in
>Australia but there are not ethernet tranceivers in stock....Not very
>usefull for connecting to our ethernet and I was hoping that I could buy a
>stock standard tranceiver and cable from Sun or another third party dealer
>and just plug it in and away we go....
>Any help or comments on this matter would be most appreciated.
>                                                  Rodney....
>Rodney Campbell	- Telecom Aust |MHSnet: rodney at solar.card.inpu.oz.au
>Integrated Network Products    |Snail : 8th Floor, 91 York Street, Sydney 2000.
>Customer Applications Research |  or PO Box A226, Sydney South 2000, Australia.
>        & Development          |Phone : +61 (0)2 364 3346   Fax: +61 2 262 3813

Ethernet is ethernet.  The A3000 ethernet card has perfectly standard thinwire
and AUI connectors.  You can use any ethernet transceiver and AUI
cable to connect you to a thick ethernet.

Martin Hunt         Commodore-Amiga          martin at cbmvax.commodore.com

"Windows 3.0 is hot because it's really fun.  It has brought some
excitement back into the PC industry" - Microsoft
I wonder who took the excitement out in the first place?