Unix installation failure

Richard Buck buck at amix.commodore.com
Fri May 10 07:03:31 AEST 1991

johnv at DIALix.oz.au (John Verhoeven) writes:
> G'Day,
> 	The installtion was failing because the  "Root Filesystem" floppy
> disk has to be write enabled.

This is true.  We've corrected this problem for the next release.

> 	If their is anyone from Commodore reading this, this might be
> a useful tip to add to the "Installing Amiga Unix" manual.

Since we didn't know about this problem, and didn't intend for it to work this
way, we didn't document it.  Once we found it, we documented it in both the
1.1 Release Notes (included with all 1.1 3000UX systems) and the second issue
of Tech Notes.

> 	Apart from that, the whole installation procedure is relatively
> painless and easy to accomplish.  If I can manage it, then I'm sure just about
> anybody could.

Thanks for the suggestion and the compliment.

> John Verhoeven (johnv at DIALix.oz.au)

		"Klaatu barada nicto"

		Richard Buck, (215) 344-3019, buck at amix.commodore.com  (4/91)