X-Windows

Andy Heffernan ahh at moji.uucp
Sun May 26 03:42:24 AEST 1991

In article <avalon.675008012 at coombs> avalon at coombs.anu.edu.au (Darren Reed) writes:
>Is there some way to easily replace the olwn/olswm window manager
>on the standard 3000UX with some other window management scheme ?
>
>After using the Motif one (mwm) and twm on other platforms, the
>olwm looked rather third rank and a quick hack type program.

It's actually very easy -- right now I'm running twm (Tom's window manager)
from volume 1 of comp.sources.x.  For awhile there I wasn't running any
window manager at all, but I missed the ability to shuffle windows around.
twm let's me do that with a minimum amount of window doo-dads to chew up
what limited screen real estate I've got.

At the end of my ~/.profile I have:
	xinit -geometry +10+10 +sb -title ahh-xterm -n ahh-xterm -display unix:0

In the file ~/.xinitrc I have:
	twm &
	xbiff -geometry -10+110 &
	xlogo -geometry -10-10 &
	xphoon -t 60 &

The most difficult part is getting sources to whatever window manager
you want to use.

--
$BJ8;z(J		Andy Heffernan
This is Unix ( )-	ahh at moji.uucp (uunet!glyph!moji!ahh)