GNU Development Possible?

Rich Skrenta skrenta at amix.commodore.com
Mon May 6 02:26:06 AEST 1991

jph at ais.org (Joseph Hillenburg) writes:

> What about: trn, nn, xrn, flex, bison, bash, g++, jove, etc...?

None of the above are currently included.

flex, bison:	We have these (to build gcc) but they're not on the tape as
		of now.  Our desire is to provide the most utility in the
		least disk space, and these two overlap with yacc/lex.

		The biggest complaint I usually hear about yacc and lex is
		that they have fixed table sizes, but this isn't true in SVR4.

jove:		Isn't this yet another small emacs?

g++:		This would be nice.  If you've ported this to Amiga Unix
		let me know.

bash:		We already have three shells, and ksh gives you command line
		editing.

trn, nn, xrn:	More newsreaders than you can shake a stick at.

Rich
skrenta at amix.commodore.com