SCSI devices

Doug Whitehead x4149 doug at timelord.uucp
Thu May 16 23:43:38 AEST 1991

Just my 2 cents... I think the CD-ROM drive would be
a great way to distribute Commodore Unix (Comix?).
All those man pages and infrequently used pd utilities
can stay out on the CD-ROM drive, where they are slow
but accessable.  The critical stuff should be copied
onto your Hard disk for speed.  Such an arrangement
might make Unix reasonable on a 100Meg HD.  It would
also make unix updates cheap for Commodore.

to make this work you would probably need some sort
of convienent administration program; that would allow
you to specify which directories are not to be on HD.

One disadvantage of the CD-ROM: folks would not be
able to backup their work (as you can with a tape drive).

doug
doug at ctc.contel.com