X-Windows

Rob Healey rhealey at digibd.com
Mon May 27 06:54:41 AEST 1991

In article <avalon.675008012 at coombs> avalon at coombs.anu.edu.au (Darren Reed) writes:
>Is there some way to easily replace the olwn/olswm window manager
>on the standard 3000UX with some other window management scheme ?

	I managed to dredge up a R3 twm, wasn't easy finding it either,
	everyones gone on to R4... xterm has been mutated into an OL
	bastardization of xterm so it's a little anti-social with twm but
	the combo does work. Compiled right up too. I chucked olwm about
	5 minutes after twm got compiled... One trick tho:
	xinit /usr/bin/X/twm -- nologo v
	Is the line I use to start it up rather than the R4
	xinit .xinitrc --
	I use at work.

	If you can find R3 twm it will compile and run on 1.1 UNIX.

		-Rob

Rob Healey                                          rhealey at digibd.com
Digi International (DigiBoard)
Eden Prairie, MN                                    (612) 943-9020