Video resolutions

Travis Bissett tbissett at nstar.rn.com
Wed May 22 04:07:26 AEST 1991

rhealey at digibd.com (Rob Healey) writes:

> 	Is it possible to get the Amiga video chips to do 800x600 monochrome?
> 	How about 4 or 16 color? I'd like to be able to have at least 512
> 	points in the Y direction under X with stock hardware. I suppose
> 	I'll just end up growing spider webs till the A2410 is available. B^(.

It is possible to get 1008x800 mono from the Amiga video chips (A1000 thru
A2000 old) if you use the Viking Moniterm. Sorry...don't recall the CBM
designation for that monitor. It has special circuitry to grab the screen in
four pieces and paste it back together into a display.

Of course, you also must know by now that the latest Denise chip -- the one
in the A3000 -- when working with deinterlacer and a multisync monitor can
display 4 (8?) colors up to 1200x800 (interlaced).

So I guess either way the answer to your questions is "yes".

Travis -- tbissett at nstar.rn.com

--
Travis Bissett       NSTAR conferencing site       219-289-0287/317-251-7391
internet: tbissett at nstar.rn.com              1300 newsgroups - 8 inbound lines