Floppy Drive

Kai Bartels kaba at wintermute.north.de
Thu May 30 08:56:14 AEST 1991

avalon at coombs.anu.edu.au (Darren Reed) writes:
>I'm interested in getting the 3.5 drive to work, but there is little
>documentation on how i should prepare a disk to use and which device
>it is.  From one of the manual entries (fmtflpy i think it was) it
>mentioned /dev/dsk/c6d0s0 or some such name.  i coudlnt find that
>command either curiously.  The fstab doesnt mention it (it wouldnt be
>a bad idea to put it in commented out).
I couln't find the fmtflop either (and I'm sure there isn't any) but I'm
formatting the discs on my old A2000 with AmigaDos. mkfs or tar didn't
complain! (btw: the device to use seems to be /dev/(r)dsk/fd0.)

My question to this is: how to read/write/format a 3.5" disc in ibm-format
720k ?

>-darren
greetings, Kai

--
"The sound of bombs has given way for children's cries"            <Fisher-Z>
BITNET: g14b at dhbrrz41             +            UUCP: kaba at wintermute.north.de
Snail:   Kai Bartels   +   Hudemuehler Str. 37   +   2800 Bremen 41   +   FRG