... how do you copy in/out from HFS disks?

Wayne Pollock pollock at usfvax2.EDU
Tue Apr 26 01:40:26 AEST 1988

Well, this has been a fascinating discussion, but as a future owner of AU/X
(I get my mac II in two weeks or so),  Would one of those in the know answer
this question?  (ie, how can an AU/X application use a file (say a TEXT file)
created under the Mac OS (i.e., HFS)?  How can a Mac OS application access a
file created under AU/X?)

I've heard that a disk can not be used for both AU/X (or is it A/UX? Hmm) and
HFS at the same time (obviously the same disk partition can't be - these are
different file systems); is this true?  I really need to know what kind of
hard disk to buy with the Mac II!  Do I need to buy two hard disks, one for
AU/X and one for HFS?  Are certain brands of hard disks
recommended/discouraged?  Whats the bottom line here?

With AU/X, can I use third party 19" color monitors?  (I wouldn't want to
buy one such as the PCPC one only to find out AU/X can't access it.)

Finally, are any keyboards recommended/discouraged (I don't think so, but as
long as I'm asking I might as well be thorough)?

Please help me!  I need to know real soon (i.e. before I finalize my Mac II
order)!  My local dealers try to be helpful, but they are mostly ignorant of
AU/X, disks, monitor compatibility, etc.  (no insult intended; they just
haven't been trained in these matters, which I suppose is Apple's fault.)

Wayne Pollock (The MAD Scientist)	pollock at usfvax2.usf.edu
Usenet:		...!{ihnp4, cbatt}!codas!usfvax2!pollock
GEnie:		W.POLLOCK