Time Zone trouble...

Guy Harris guy at gorodish.Sun.COM
Mon Apr 18 04:48:30 AEST 1988

> This is typical in many unix systems that didn't believe our government
> when they changed DST inception to beginning of April. You have
> to tweak certain hard coded time libraries to make it work on all unix
> systems -unless the manufacturer caught it and tweaked it already.

However, I infer from previous articles that A/UX has adopted the Arthur Olson
timezone scheme (300 cheers for them!), which means the rules are *not*
hard-coded into any libraries - they're fetched from files.  If the Olson files
ever *didn't* include the DST change for 1987, it was a long time ago, and I
think they always included that change.

Thus, A/UX should already know about the new DST rules.

I suspect this is a problem related to differences between the way the Mac OS
keeps time and the way UNIX keeps time.