Time Zone Problem

Mahboud Zabetian buzz at phoenix.Princeton.EDU
Tue Apr 5 03:45:34 AEST 1988

I have changed the TZ (time zone) variable declarations in all the files that the A/UX
manual told me to--from PST8PDT to EST5EDT--, but I have a problem.

When one logs in, the login time is given correctly, but is followed by the three
letters: PDT.  When I do a shutdown, users get this message: Shutdown at 11:10 PDT...
When I mail a letter, it stamps it with the correct time but adds PDT to the time, i.e.
Date: Mon. Apr. 3, 1988  11:55 PDT.

How do I get rid of that PDT? I have run grep through the whole filesystem looking for
any occurrances of PDT, or TZ that could be causing the problem, but haven't been
successful.  Help!?!
--
Mahboud Zabetian	buzz at phoenix.princeton.edu	      (609) 520-1271
183 Little Hall	    root at faux-pas.princeton.edu (A/UX!)    Princeton U. NJ 08544