MAC II ROM Upgrade

Laurian Chirica lchirica at polyslo.UUCP
Sat Apr 16 17:49:07 AEST 1988

Quote from Info World, April 11, 1988:

"Mac II users looking for more fire-power might ask their dealers
for the free ROM upgrade required to run A/UX.  I am not saying to
pay the $4,000 or so to actually buy A/UX; just get the ROM upgrade.
It is free, it gets you a brand-new mother board, and makes disk
accesses under Finder twice as fast.  No wonder Apple has been so
quiet about this freebie."

Question:  Does anyone know anything more about this?  My dealer
knows nothing.

--
Laurian M. Chirica  (lchirica at polyslo.UUCP)
Computer Science Department