Am I missing something obvious - how do you copy in/out from HFS disks?

Earle R. Horton earleh at eleazar.Dartmouth.EDU
Wed Apr 6 16:23:45 AEST 1988

In article <232 at voysys.UUCP>, bruce at voysys.UUCP (Bruce Beare) writes:
> As the title suggests, I must be missing something entirely obvious. How does
> one copy files between Mac-OS (HFS) and A/UX Partitions?

     As my summary suggests, this feature is not implemented yet.  There
is an A/UX program "mfs" for copying files to MFS disks.  See the man
page "man mfs" for details.  On the SASH partition of the A/UX system we
got, there is a folder with MacKermit in it--another solution.  If you
really want to get files from the Mac-OS to A/UX fast, then you could
make an 800k MFS disk to use as the transfer medium.  You can make an
800k MFS disk by booting a Mac Plus with System 2.0, then initializing a
disk in it.