Time Zone trouble...

Hernan'Jackie' Macapanpan jackie at Apple.COM
Fri Apr 8 03:16:05 AEST 1988

In article <2418 at phoenix.Princeton.EDU>, buzz at phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Mahboud Zabetian) writes:
> From: root at faux-pas (System Operator)
> To: buzz
> Subject: Time Zone test
> This is what 'date' outputs:
>
> 	Wed Apr  6 21:00:23 EDT 1988
>
> These are the files that have occurrences of TZ in them.  They all seem correct
> to me (rc.orig is what rc looked like before I changed it).  But as you can see
> in the mail header, the time is in PDT.  This is similar to the messages of
> 'shutdown' and some other system utilities.  Anyone know why?

Ooops, looks like you'd forgotten to link /etc/zoneinfo/EST5EDT to
/etc/zoneinfo/localtime.

Hope this helps.

 Disclaimer: I works heres, buts theys don'ts knows I's cans types.

Hernan 'Jackie' Macapanpan			      amdahl \
Technical Communications/Direct Response Center	  pyramid!sun - apple!jackie
Apple Computer, Inc. (408) 996-1010		      decwrl /