A Suggesstion to Apple A/UX & Hypercard

Andrew C. Esh andrew at ems.Ems.MN.ORG
Sun Apr 24 03:18:58 AEST 1988

In article <17280005 at hpsmtc1.HP.COM> dlw at hpsmtc1.HP.COM (David Williams) writes:
>Here is a neat idea for someone at Apple to put together...
>
>How about feeding the man pages for A/UX into a hypercard stack! Add to it
>the general gettiing started with A/UX and sys admin, networking, and intro
>to the included Unix utilities & programs included with A/UX and distribute
>it in comp.binaries.hypercard and post it to Compuserve and Genie
>and MacNET. And even distribute it to the used groups around the country.
>
>So....how about it?

	How about a generic UNIX stack?  I am going to get A/UX, so a
specific stack for it would be useful to me, but for Unix users who
will not be using A/UX, a Unix stack would be more widely recieved.
I can think of no better way to spread the idea of Unix (especially
to the Mac users).
	Whoever has an interest in producing a stack on Unix, with
a probable follow on stack specifically for A/UX, please email me.
Based on the response, I may decide to put together a project.
Anyone interested?

--
Andrew C. Esh        DOMAIN: andrew at ems.MN.ORG     APPLELINK: D0492
EMS/McGraw-Hill      UUCP: ihnp4!meccts!ems!andrew      AT&T: (612) 829-8200