A/UX nroff -ms doesn't work

Barnacle Wes wes at obie.UUCP
Thu Jul 28 16:08:23 AEST 1988

In article <3163 at Portia.Stanford.EDU>, mouser at Portia.Stanford.EDU (Michael Wang) writes:
> I need to use the ms macro package with nroff but when I typed:
>      nroff -ms file.ms > file.doc
> I got the error mesage:
>      nroff: cannot open file /usr/lib/tmac/tmac.s
> Does anybody know what I am doing wrong?

Yah, you bought the wrong flavor of Unix.  The `MS' macro package comes
with Berkely Unix systems, and A/UX is an AT&T (System V) Unix system.
The macro packages available on System V are MM - Memorandum Macros, MS
- Viewgraph and Slide macros, and MAN - manual page macros.  I don't
know if any of these are compatible with the MS package, but I doubt it.
It would just be TOO easy :-).

--
                     {hpda, uwmcsd1}!sp7040!obie!wes
           "Happiness lies in being priviledged to work hard for