Toolbox functions from non-console terminals

73550000 matthew at ucscb.UCSC.EDU
Fri Jul 22 17:57:10 AEST 1988

Does anyone know of a clean fix for the following problem:

 I have an A/UX system that I am planning on allowing serial-port access

to so that others may log in. (I may also allow rlogin, telnet  if I get

a network connection)

Unfortunately, toolbox-based programs are runnable by anyone who is
logged in.  This can cause problems if I am trying to use the Mac
monitor/keyboard as the console terminal.  If some other user runs
/usr/toolboxbin/term,... I get a terminal window for THEIR account on
MY screen.  Other programs could do more destructive things (like
program my mouse to send 'rm -r /' to the console when the program
exits)

Does anyone have any ideas?

Matthew Kaufman
matthew at ucscb.ucsc.edu