Mac II fan noise - an unauthorized solution

Joshua Golub g-golub at rocky.cs.wisc.edu.CS.WISC.EDU
Tue Jul 19 03:30:52 AEST 1988

In article <5542 at batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu> chow at tcgould.tn.cornell.edu (Christopher Chow) writes:
>In article <5998 at spool.cs.wisc.edu> Joshua Golub writes:
>|no one yet has mentioned the 'extra protection' Apple provides.  According
>|to my Mac II manual the fan will work harder if the machine gets hot.

>I don't think the sort of an LED warning system is necessary.  As I
>understand it, the Mac II has an temperature sensor which will automatically
>cut power if the fan is unable to provide suffcient cooling.
>
>Christopher Chow

    Great, just what I want -- a nice, quietly running machine and then
>Click< Whinnnnneeeee. . . nothing.  My question still stands, is there a
way to have a quiet machine and keep that heat protection running.  I don't
have a lot of cards, but I have cats. (And cat hair clogs ventillation slits)