X available for A/UX?

Barnacle Wes wes at obie.UUCP
Thu Jul 28 16:03:31 AEST 1988

In article <27351 at bbn.COM>, jjd at bbn.com (James J Dempsey) writes:
> I know this must have been asked before, and I know that A/UX
> version 1.1 will include X11, but is there anyway I can get X11
> now for A/UX 1.0?

This would be pretty tough.  The current implementations of X-windows on
System V require "streams," which are part of System V Release 3.  A/UX
is a System V Release 2 port, and thus does not have streams.  If you
hear of a version of X-windows for System V that does not use streams,
please let me know - I'd like to get it too.

		Wes Peters

--
                     {hpda, uwmcsd1}!sp7040!obie!wes
           "Happiness lies in being priviledged to work hard for