Interprocess communications

Gerald Ostheimer gerald at umb.umb.edu
Thu Mar 31 08:36:57 AEST 1988

In article <1387 at randvax.UUCP> frel at rand-unix.UUCP (Dave Frelinger) writes:

>    I have a simple question, what forms of interprocess communications
>does A/UX support?  Does it use System V, B 4.X, or a both flavors of IP
>communications?
>			Thanks,

To me it looks as if Apple tried to provide the best possible support for both
Berkeley 4.2 and AT&T System V (Release 2). A/UX got about as close to being
a full System V implementation as you can get without being one. As for inter-
process communications, you get all of System V IPC (semaphores, shared
memory...), but you also get Berkeley 4.2 sockets.
--
Gerald	<gerald at grn.umb.edu>

Permission is granted to make and distribute verbatim or modified copies of this
opinion, as long as this permission notice is preserved.