... how do you copy in/out from HFS disks?

Phil Ronzone phil at Apple.COM
Tue May 10 06:25:03 AEST 1988

In article <4522 at hoptoad.uucp> gnu at hoptoad.uucp (John Gilmore) writes:
>jackie at Apple.COM (Hernan'Jackie' Macapanpan) wrote:
>> [a load of bull]

Dear net readers:
Jackie Macapanpan is answering questions on the net out of his own
desire. Jackie is in A/UX Technical Support, and when he is not busy
answering questions for people who have paid for technical support
and/or are Apple salesmen or dealers, he reads the net, researches
questions, generally on his own time etc. SO BE NICE TO HIM!! :-)
(Sending Jackie unmarked tens, twenties, and thirties in a plain brown
paper bag works very very well).

On a more general note, yes, when we released A/UX 1.0, we knew that
there were things that UNIX people would bitch (ah - comment on I meant
to say) about. No HFS file transfer capability, a very hard to use disk
partitioning utility, and so on. Many of the legimate requests for
improvements have already been thought of, and we are even working on
some of them ( :-) ).

After all, if we put everything in release 1.0, we here in the A/UX
development group would be out of a job!

Last - to be specific, and to see if we have left anything out, what
do Y'ALL want in an A/UX <-> HFS transfer utility?